Title: Registration of blasting works qualification certificates for firing officers, explosives storage experts, explosives storage operators, explosives laboratory technicians, pyrotechnics experts, experts on explosives decommissioning, and charging equipment operators
Authority issuing the individual administrative act: Director of Labour Inspectorate Directorate, responsible for the region where the training course was conducted.
Legal grounds: Labour Code – Article 276 (1), Order № 294 of 28.12.1996 of the Minister of Labour and Social Policy and Appendix № 1 to Article 4 of the Rules on Health and Safety in Working with Explosives.
Applicants: Natural persons who have completed a training course and have successfully passed an exam for working with explosives.
Contact information of the Labour Inspectorate Directorates in the regional centres of Bulgaria: https://www.gli.government.bg/en/map-directorates
Procedure for qualifying to work with explosives:
- The registration of blasting works qualification certificates for firing officers, explosives storage experts, explosives storage operators, explosives laboratory technicians, pyrotechnics experts, experts on explosives decommissioning, and charging equipment operators is done after the persons have visited a training and have successfully passed an exam. The qualification training courses are conducted by natural or legal persons, which have received a permit by the GLI EA to conduct qualification training courses for working with explosives (Service № 2197 in the Administrative Register).
- One of the examination committee members must be a representative of the Labour Inspectorate Directorate, responsible for the region in which the qualification training course was conducted. The exam results are recorded in a protocol.
- Qualification certificates are issued to all persons who have successfully passed the exam. The qualification certificate contains the name of the person, personal identification number, type of the qualification acquired, registration number and validity period. A mandatory element of the certificate is a photograph of the certificate holder.
- The certificates may be issued on paper, signed by the Director of the respective Labour Inspectorate Directorate and certified with the stamp of the Directorate or may be issued as electronically signed documents, signed with a qualified electronic signature by the Director of the respective Labour Inspectorate Directorate.
- GLI EA provides the certificates to the training organisation, which delivers them to the trainees.
Processing times: 7 days after the day of the exam.
Period of validity of the document – 2 years (for people over 60 years of age, the certificates are valid for 1 year).
Service Fees/Prices: The service is provided free of charge.
Validity of all certificates issued may be checked at:
Authority exercising control over the activities of the service provider: Executive Director of GLI EA.
Subject area covered by the service/scheme: health and safety at work
Email Address for Service Proposals - Service Proposals can be made through:
• E-form for feedback: https://www.gli.government.bg/en/form/contact
• e-mail of the Agency: firstname.lastname@example.org